It’s important for childcare facilities to offer a safe and engaging environment for kids, and one of the easiest ways to do this is by promoting creative play. Creative play childcare supports childrens' development, teaches them skills they can apply to their lives, and helps to build their confidence and self-esteem. And the best part? It doesn’t require a big budget.
Importance of Creative Play
The use of creative play can help children to grow and develop in a variety of ways.
- Creativity - Creative play encourages childrens' imaginations, giving them a sense of wonder, while also teaching them to think outside of the box.
- Teamwork - When engaging in creative play with their peers, children learn a variety of interpersonal skills including cooperating, sharing, and listening.
- Self-Control - Creative play teaches children how to control their behaviors and emotions while resisting impulses. It also helps them to learn about discipline.
- Cognitive Development - Through creative play, children are able to strengthen their cognitive flexibility and working memory, which can help them be more successful in school. It also helps to expand their attention spans and gives them experience with organizing, sorting, and classification.
- Expand Vocabularies - While playing with their peers using creative play, children are able to engage in language development. They are able to expand their vocabularies through talking, listening, and engaging in conversations.
Easy Ways To Encourage Creative Play
There are so many easy ways to encourage creative play in childcare facilities. Schedule activities that engage them. Get them to paint, color, act, sing, and dance. All of these activities can inspire their imaginations! Whenever you have the chance, participate with the children during creative play. It’s a fun way to engage with them and inspire their creative process.
One of the simplest ways to encourage creative play is to provide a variety of costumes, such as the ones here at Teetot, from mermaids to firemen, and props and toys children can utilize as they play. If you are dealing with a strict budget don’t worry! Not only will our costumes last long, giving you more value for your money, most come with props included. You can also help your children create props of their own to expand their imaginary worlds on a shoestring budget.
At Teetot, we understand how important creative play childcare is for children of all ages. Imagination is powerful and helps children build confidence and learn important skills they will take with them throughout their lives. Our wide selection of kids costumes and dress-up accessories are the perfect way to spark their senses of joy and wonder. Contact us today to learn more.