Has your child been asking for a ninja costume? That's great news! Ninjas are fantastic warriors for kids to incorporate into their play. As with other types of soldier-esque characters, ninjas encourage children to get active and experiment with big ideas like morality and justice. Some parents may be hesitant to introduce violence into their kid's play, but active, minimally aggressive play like dressing up in a ninja costume offers a healthy balance.
Of course, it is important to introduce good ninjas for your child to emulate in their ninja costume. Quality family films are one great way of doing so. Get started this weekend by cozying up with the following kid-friendly ninja-themed films:
5 Great Ninja Films for the Family
- Kung Fu Panda. This action-packed cartoon film is probably what brought back the renaissance of ninja-related appreciation. In the first film, a plucky and unprepared panda voiced by Jack Black is chosen by fate to be the next Dragon Warrior. This is a fantastic Dreamworks film that is funny for adults and children and was so beloved, that there are two sequels to watch as well.
- The Last Airbender. This film follows the adventures of a ninja-styled warrior named Aang who must master the four elements of nature in order to save the world. The Last Airbender is a film, but there is also a more popular animated series. Both are great, but if you like to keep your child's television watching to a minimum, go for the film.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. This film has inspired many a generation to fall in love with martial arts. There are so many different spin-offs to check into, but probably the best for older kids is that original 1990 film. This film has just the right blend of fun and adventure. Plus, it brings in some good crime-fighting scenarios as the mutant turtles rise from the shadows in order to protect New York City.
- Wendy Wu: Homecoming Warrior. Do you have a daughter who is eager for her own ninja costume? Then this film is a great one for them. Wendy Wu: Homecoming Warrior is a Disney Channel Original Movie that was released back in 2006 (but your family can watch it now on Disney+). As with many ninja films, the titular protagonist discovers that it is her duty to protect the world.
- Surf Ninjas. As you might expect, this real-time action film combines surfing and sword-fighting abilities. Here, two surfer boys learn they are the heirs to an island throne and must learn the ways of the ninja in order to take their rightful place.
Shop for Your Child's Ninja Costume at Our Online Store
Dressing up as a ninja helps your child tap into their creative and imaginative side. The more they feel like a character, the more in-tune they become with their creativity. Learn more and shop for your child's next favorite costume at our online store.